TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
When you access or use our Services, we may receive or collect information that identifies you or relates to you, including but not limited to your first and last name, telephone number, IP address, and postal and email addresses (“Personal Information”).
Information You Provide to Us: In general, you may visit our Site without telling us who you are or sharing any Personal Information with us. When you register for an account for our Services (an “Account”), use other aspects of our Services, or communicate with us about our Services, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information, such as your first and last name, your email address, and your address. We may also ask you whether you want to receive text messages relating to our Services. By providing your mobile phone number, you expressly consent to receive text messages from us relating to our Services at that number. Third-party data and message fees may apply. You may decline to provide Personal Information to us, but, if you do so, certain features of our Services may not be available to you or the performance of certain features of our Services may be limited or not work at all.
Information Collected From Devices: When you access or use our Services via a computer or mobile device, including, without limitation, a desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, or other electronic device (each, a “Device”), we may collect information from your Device, such as your Device type and manufacturer, your Device operating system and version, your mobile carrier, your Device identifiers, your mobile phone number, your IP address, your browser type, your network connection type, your general location, information about the webpage that referred you to our Services or that you visited prior to our Services, and your behavior and activity on our Services.
• Session Cookies: Session Cookies are temporary Cookies that expire and are automatically erased when you close your browser window. We may use session Cookies to grant you access to content and to enable actions that require you to be logged into your Account to perform.
• Persistent Cookies: Persistent Cookies are Cookies that usually have an expiration date in the distant future and remain in your browser until they expire or you manually delete them. We may use persistent Cookies to better understand usage patterns so we can improve our Services. For example, we may use a persistent Cookie to associate you with your Account or to remember your choices for our Services.
• Information Collected From Third Parties: We may collect Personal Information from time to time from third parties, such as social networks, subject to their respective privacy policies and any applicable privacy settings.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
• Provide, improve and optimize our Services and provide notices related thereto
• Analyze, improve and customize our Services
• Provide customer and technical support for our Services
• Send you periodic announcements, newsletters, promotional materials, and other information about our Services [and third-party products and services that we think may be of interest to you detect, prevent, and investigate actual or suspected fraud, hacking, infringement, or other misconduct involving our Services]
• Collect fees and other amounts owed in connection with our Services. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide our Services, fulfill orders and related activities.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We share Personal Information with our partners, service providers, contractors, agents and third party vendors as needed to fulfill our Services. Please note that our partners may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you, facilitate any use of our Services, fulfill orders, or respond to a request you submit.
We also may share your information:
• In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
• When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, interests, or safety of our company or the Services, our customers, or others; or in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
• In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, we will attempt to notify you when your Personal Information will be shared with third parties.
Aggregated Information: We may publish, share, distribute, or disclose Personal Information that has been aggregated with information from other users or otherwise de-identified in a manner that does not allow such data about you to be separated from the aggregate data and identified as originating from you, to third parties, including Union partners, sponsors, and advertisers. Such information may help Union identify and analyze training, demographic, and psychographic trends and information, and report to third parties how many people saw, visited, or clicked on certain content, areas of our Services, ads, or other materials. We may also use such data for research purposes.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT INFORMATION
You may opt not to receive promotional emails from us by contacting us as indicated below or by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in any promotional email you receive from us. Please note, however, that we may still send you non-promotional emails about your relationship with us.
INFORMATION YOU SHARE SOCIALLY
Our Services may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly or with friends. We are not responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any information you share publicly or with friends. If you post personal information anywhere on our Services that is accessible to other users or the public, you are advised that such personal information can be read, collected, used, or disseminated by others and could be used to send you unsolicited information or for other purposes. In addition, our Services may allow you to connect with us on, share on, and use third-party websites, applications, and services. Please be mindful of your personal privacy needs and the privacy needs of others as you choose to connect and share information with friends and others. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others. We also do not control the privacy practices of third parties. Please contact those websites and services directly if you want to learn about their privacy practices. Accordingly, you assume full responsibility for posting such information and agree that Union is not responsible in any way for Personal Information you choose to post in public areas.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We have, and require our third-party service providers to have, administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in place in our respective physical facilities and in our respective computer systems, databases, and communications networks that are reasonably designed to protect information contained within such systems from loss, misuse, and alteration. The measures we use may include storing Personal Information on secured servers, transmitting Personal Information, including payment account information, using encryption technologies, such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS), and auditing and reviewing our data collection and storage practices. No method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security of your Personal Information. You also play a role in protecting your Personal Information. Please safeguard your username and password for your Account and do not share them with others. If we receive instructions using your Account log-in information, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security related to our Services. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to refuse to provide our Services, terminate Accounts, and to remove or edit content.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
PROTECTING CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Services are not directed, or intended to be attractive, to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not access or use our Services or submit any information to us. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any personal information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND APPLICATIONS
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please e-mail us at email@example.com.