Union is an all-in-one hospitality engagement platform that leverages industrial-grade data intelligence to deliver transformative experiences for the industry’s most popular venues, their guests, and their brand partners. – After creating the most high-powered point-of-sale system for bars and restaurants, Union’s seamlessly integrated tableside mobile ordering platform is the cherry on top that makes the system the true market leader.
Our merchants don’t just want a better bean counter. They want a technology platform that’s transformational in its approach to driving engagement, customer satisfaction, and, ultimately, revenue. We are committed to continuous innovation, and we’re looking for only the best and the brightest to help us solve tough challenges for our customers.
Union is looking for a Controller to lead our accounting team and day-to-day financial operations. In the role of Controller, you will be responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, month-end close, forecasting, management reporting, and process improvements.
Now is the time for Union. We are growing rapidly, launching teams in markets across the country. We need an Accounting leader who can help guide our growth efforts while enhancing our accounting systems. The ideal candidate will strategize and consult with Union’s Leadership Team to ensure efficient growth and scaling while driving timely, accurate, and strategic financial operations for the business.
We need someone who, while maintaining day-to-day operations, can look beyond those operations and set foundational accounting strategies to support Union’s long-term growth and scalability. You thrive in a hands-on, roll-up your sleeves, fast-paced environment with the ability to work independently while leading a team through initiatives.
You must show a high level of expertise in accounting concepts, revenue recognition standards and have experience driving financial reporting projects. This role requires sound judgment and strong communication skills with the ability to effectively facilitate updates and information between business functions and the Accounting Team.
- Responsible for all day-to-day accounting functions for the accounting team, including managing accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, and month and year-end close
- Financial statements and management reporting, including the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual balance sheet, P&L, and financial statements; perform/review monthly/quarterly account reconciliations; produce period financial statements and analysis of trends and variances and management reporting for all departments
- Lead any necessary implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures
- Implement process improvements to automate manual workflows and drive efficiencies to reduce the time to close while ensuring accuracy of financial information
- Oversee technical accounting and implement new guidance as needed
- Hiring and managing accounting team employees, including assigning duties, tracking and monitoring work, and managing performance
- Maintain tax payments and local business tax
- Monthly/Quarterly Sales Tax returns/payments
- Help guide, establish, and monitor metrics related to accounting operations in an effort to drive efficiency
- Using information about company expenses, spending, revenue, and profitability to make critical financial decisions
- Maintain a strong partnership with management, identifying cost-saving opportunities, process improvements, and automation
- Ad hoc projects around financial analysis and financial modeling
- Strong ability to juggle priorities, multi-task, and take ownership of projects
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 10+ years in venture-funded start-up
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to self-direct, entrepreneurial spirit
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP and accounting principles, ASC 606 experience preferred
- Accounting/ERP System knowledge (Hubspot, Quickbooks Online, Stripe, Saasoptics)
- Experience in helping drive toward IPO readiness (a big plus)
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and communication skills
- Outstanding business, finance, and controller accounting acumen
- Experience working with SaaS
- Positive/passionate energy for a fast-growing company
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting or business administration
- Strong technical accounting background, CPA required
Summary of Benefits
- Health Care: $640/month for employees $970/month for family
- Dental: $40 per month
- Vision: $6 per month
- 401k match: 4%
- Stock options
UNION is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.