Want to work on an innovative product?
Yearn to flex in a growing mission driven start-up that has a proven business plan?
Seeking to avoid the huge lumbering bureaucracy of big companies?
Have a desire to have your voice and influence a decision?
… If so, you are in good company!
At Union, we are a growing company and need people to bring ideas to take us to the next level! While scaling has its own challenges, we view it as a great opportunity to make a difference, speak your mind, and enable a decision. Our engineering staff has a wildly unique background from all across the Americas. Join us and make us better with your ideas!
What we are looking for:
You will be joining our QA Engineering team, where you will:
- Create and execute test plans for releases
- Participate in release validations of different elements of the service stack
- Perform manual tests and create automated tests for web and mobile applications, backend services and databases.
- Experience in hospitality (especially as a bartender or waiter) is a plus.
What we are looking for:
Depending on your background, you likely start in one of our particular areas. Regardless of the area and technical skill, we need someone who can look at a Product Specification and build a test plan from those requirements. Beyond that, you must have at least one of the following:
- Working knowledge of SQL queries and Excel pivot tables
- Understanding of Mobile devices or payment systems
- Experience with RESTful and/or SOAP APIs with associated tooling
- Experience in Continuous Testing pipelines or Testing Frameworks
If you have any of the above and you can write a test plan, game on! Please apply.
What you can expect from us:
- A unique application poses unique and exciting challenges
- A DevOps culture where automated scripting thrives
- Freedom to make a difference and be heard!
- Ability to make a decision and pivot when something is not working
- An experienced staff who are open to change
Some questions we’ll ask:
- Please talk through your most recent testing experience and what you learned
- Please describe edge cases found in production and why were the cases missed.
- Please describe the team you are part of and your role within the team.
- Please describe interactions between the frontend and backend from a technological and human perspective
- Are you authorized to work in the United States?
Trust me. If it was boring, we would not be here! Come talk to us, maybe even a beer.
Union is the leading engagement platform built for high-volume bars & venues to deliver improved guest experiences and turbo-charged efficiencies. Our all-in-one engagement platform is moving the hospitality service experience forward and delivering transformative experiences that enable everyone to win. At Union, we believe hospitality is more than just a happy customer; it’s a happy bartender, a happy venue, and happy partners. We’re based in Austin, Texas with several additional offices throughout the US.
Union is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
- Health Care we pay for: max $970/month for employee/family
- Dental: $40 per month
- Vision: $6 per month
- 401k match: 4%