Want to work on an innovative product?
Yearn to flex in a growing mission driven start-up that has a proven business plan?
Seeking to avoid the huge lumbering bureaucracy of big companies?
Have a desire to have your voice and influence a decision?
… If so, you are in good company!
Union, is a point of sale system specializing in bars and restaurants seeking a contact-free solution for ordering via a mobile app. We are already disrupting the hospitality point of sale market with an innovative business model and modernized architecture that we would love to talk to you about.
We are looking for a Frontend Engineering Lead who has passion and experience for modern browser frameworks and technologies such as React.js, Next.js, and TypeScript. As all great Engineers span many aspects of Product delivery from UI to data models to API design to CI/CD pipelines, this role requires that the candidate must be passionate about browser based user experiences.
What we are looking for:
- Values user experience before tech
- Has several years of engineering experience being the decision maker on frontend architecture and implementation to support user interface concepts
- Contains a comprehensive understanding of the current state of web technologies and best practices, including React.js, Webpack, Enzyme, Redux, and Flux
- Are capable of setting your own direction, building something from scratch, and seeing it through
- Possess skills to create simple solutions for complex problems quickly; often benefiting from tried-and-true techniques.
- Has working knowledge of the deployment and monitoring patterns for frontend applications from a cloud platform
- Understands practical knowledge of web security standards
- Experienced in hospitality (especially as a bartender or waiter) as a plus
What you can expect from us:
- An immediate undertaking of two greenfield applications with our team members
- Freedom to make a difference and be heard
- A unique application posing unique and exciting challenges
- A DevOps culture where automated scripting thrives
- Ability to make a decision and pivot when something is not working
- An experienced staff who are open to change
Some questions we’ll ask:
- Please talk through the last greenfield application(s) you lead and what you learned
- Please describe your experience testing your applications.
- Please describe the team you are part of and your role within the team.
- Please describe interactions between the frontend and backend from a technological and human perspective
- Discuss on the last security vulnerability you experienced or patched
- Are you authorized to work in the United States?
Trust me. If it was boring, we would not be here! Come talk to us, maybe even a beer.
Union is the leading engagement platform built for high-volume bars & venues to deliver improved guest experiences and turbo-charged efficiencies. Our all-in-one engagement platform is moving the hospitality service experience forward and delivering transformative experiences that enable everyone to win. At Union, we believe hospitality is more than just a happy customer; it’s a happy bartender, a happy venue, and happy partners. We’re based in Austin, Texas with several additional offices throughout the US.
Union is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
- Health Care we pay for: max $970/month for employee/family
- Dental: $40 per month
- Vision: $6 per month
- 401k match: 4%